Online Bra Shopping from The Lady Shop
Why Wearing a Bra is Important?
Bras are an important part of every lady’s wardrobe. No lady can go around without a bra. They provide amazing support, make you feel more comfortable, and help you achieve a better body and breast shape. Moreover, they improve breast health in the long run. Wearing bras boosts your confidence level helping you pull off anything with ease.
However, to enjoy the benefits and comfort of wearing a bra, it is important that you wear the correct size that ensures the right form and fit.
How to Find the Perfect Bra Size for your Breasts?
Measuring the right size of bra for yourself is not hard at all. All you need is a measuring tape to measure, a mirror to see your reflection and a non-padded simple clothe bra. Stand in front of the mirror and measure the band size first. Keep in mind the following things in mind while measuring band size:
- The measuring tape is levelled (parallel to the ground) and snug just under the breasts.
- Round up the obtained number to the closest whole number. If the number is odd, add 5. If it’s even, add 5 to it.
- The sum of this calculation is your band size.
- For Example, 23.6 inches will be rounded off to 24 band size and then 24+4=30. 30 is your band size.
The next step is to calculate the cup size/ bust size. You have to keep the following things in mind while measuring cup size.
- Wrap the measuring tape around the fullest part of the breast.
- Make sure that the tape is not too loose or too tight. Also, ensure that it doesn’t have any twists or falls.
- Round off the number obtained to the closest whole number.
- Subtract the band size from this number.
- For Example, Cup size=32 inches, Band size=30 inches. 32-30= 2 inches. THat is 30B!
If the difference between the bust and band size is 1 then the cup size is A. If it’s 2 then the cup is B. If the difference is 3 then it’s C.
Now that you have found out which size is right for you, it is time to choose which style you should invest in.
Types of Bras
- T-Shirt Bra: They are the best for everyday use because of the high-level comfort that they provide. They do not have any seam on the edges which makes them perfect to be worn with tight dresses. However, you can wear them with any dress you want.
- Strapless: They are your perfect choice if you want to wear a shoulderless dress like a tube outfit. Strapless bras feature a silicone lining along the border that provides the necessary support and prevent it from slip down.
- Plunge: Plunge bras are to be worn with deep neck outfits. They provide coverage to only one-third of the breasts with their deep neckline. They will be your best option to wear with those daring plunge neck outfits and saree blouses.
- Push-Up Bra: Push-up bras are your best bet if you want to boost the appearance of your cleavage. They are best suitable to wear under bridal or party outfits. You can choose from the 3 levels of push. Level 3 being the highest level, mostly for the ladies with smaller breasts who want a more prominent cleavage with the breasts looking slightly big. They have slightly thick padding at the button that makes the breasts look fuller and give a perkier cleavage.
- Sports Bra: Having the perfect and comfortable support becomes more important when you are working out. A sports bra handles the intensity of the workout, minimizes bounce and prevents sagging of breasts in the long run. You can choose a sports bra with different impact levels depending on the intensity of the workout.
- Backless: These bras are perfect for you if you want to wear a backless dress to a party or if you are annoyed with embarrassing shoulder strap show. Backless bras have a soft transparent band which is nearly invisible. They can help you achieve a flattering look.
- Underwired: Underwired bras are made for women with full or semi-full breasts. They provide a good lift to your breasts and support them well giving you a perfect silhouette in your dress.
Other Bra Accessories you will find on The Lady Shop
Bra accessories can help you make your lingerie game easy along with your stylish bras.
- Transparent Straps: You can switch to transparent straps that offer a clearer look and you don’t have to worry about embarrassing strap show.
- Racerback Converter Rings: Racerback converter rings change your everyday bra into one with criss-cross back which can help you style your regular bras under your tank top.
- Bra Extender: If you feel that the band of the bra is too tight around you but the cups fit perfectly and you don’t want to throw the bra away, bra extenders are for you. The additional hook and eye can be attached to your bra giving you a better fit.
- Nipple Pasties: Nipple pasties are to be worn for those dresses that no bra can complement. You can achieve adequate coverage without compromising with the appearance of the dress.
There are some other facts that every girl should know about. We have attempted to answer some of the most common questions you ask to help you get a better bra wearing experience.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bras